Public Karting is only open to drivers aged 15 and up.
PLEASE CHECK THE ONLINE CALENDAR FOR KARTING DATES/TIMES HERE
***Karting hours availability is determined by the event calendar and weather.
The Caffeine and Octane Lanier Raceway arrive-and-drive kart racing program puts you in the driver's seat. There are 30+ Dino karts available that are quick, highly responsive, and deliver well-balanced handling.
Lanier Raceway, located across from Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta, offers a unique karting experience incorporating a banked oval and paved infield in a road-course track layout. The track configuration is changed often providing an amazing variety of karting experiences. The track length can be varied between 0.3 to 1.2 miles and is typically around 0.5 miles. There are also track lights for night driving.
NOTE: If a driver is under 18, their parent or legal guardian must be present or they must bring a signed and notarized minor waiver, available for download in PDF format at the bottom of this page.
Arrive & Drive Pricing
Rental Helmet: Free
Head Sock: $3
Head Socks are required for Rental Helmet.
Purchase once and keep for future use, or bring your own DOT helmet with a face shield.
Purchase a package and save!
Single race: $35
2 Races: $60 ($30/race, save $10)
3 Races: $80 ($27/race, save $25)
4 Races: $100 ($25/race, save $40)
KARTING TICKETS CAN BE PURCHASED THROUGH THE ONLINE TICKETING SYSTEM HERE
OR PURCHASED ON-SITE AT THE SPEED SHOP
PLEASE EMAIL TEAM@CAFFEINEANDOCTANE.COM FOR GROUP PRIVATE KARTING INFORMATION
- Drivers must be 15 years old or older.
- Helmets must be worn at all times while driving on the track.
- Headsocks are required for all drivers renting helmets.
- Driver-supplied helmets must be full-faced with a visor or goggles.
- Shoulder-length hair and longer must be enclosed inside helmet.
- Closed-toe and closed-heel shoes are required.
- Avoid traffic - You are racing for lap time, not position.
- Let faster racers pass.
- No physical contact of any kind for any reason.
- No bumping, no blocking, no exceptions.
- Brake before a turn.
- Smooth and precise is faster.
Caffeine and Octane Lanier Raceway reserves the right to govern your kart according to your skill level. We may remove aggressive, reckless, or unskilled drivers from a race. Safety is our number 1 priority.
If you damage your kart during a race, intentionally or otherwise, your race is over. No refunds, no credits. Please race with care.
All Drivers must sign a waiver!
- To drive a kart, each individual must have a current waiver signed.
- You must be at least 18 years old to sign a liability waiver.
- All participants under 18 must have a parent or legal guardian present to sign the minor waiver OR they must bring a signed and notarized minor waiver.
- All participants must provide valid personal information including full legal name, street address, city, state, zip code, and birth date (Driver's License). *Information collected remains confidential and is used only to verify participant identity.
- Do not drive if you have any health conditions, pre-existing conditions, injuries, exhibit any ailment or injury, if you are pregnant, have had surgery in the past few months, or are still recovering from any medical condition, treatment, or procedure. Only you can determine if you feel good enough to drive a racing kart safely. You fully assume all risks of any activity in which you choose to participate.
- If assistance is needed, please ask a member of the Caffeine and Octane Lanier Raceway crew.
What time are you open?
Karting hours are determined by the raceway event schedule & track availability. Please check the online event calendar to confirm dates/times.
Do I need to make a reservation?
What is the minimum age?
The minimum age for public karting is 15. For drivers under age 15, and meeting 54" height requirements, a separate session during off-peak hours or private events can be arranged. All participants under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian present to sign the minor waiver OR they must bring a signed and notarized minor waiver. Children under the age of 12 should not drive the karts.
How tall do I have to be?
Minimum height requirement is 54" (4'6")
Is there a weight limit?
No maximum weight is established. Many people above 250 pounds have difficulty getting up and out of the karts.
Do I need a membership?
How long is each session?
What if I don't use all of the sessions I purchased that day?
No worries! Your race credits will be stored under your Lanier Raceway license number in our system and do not expire.
How long is the track layout?
Track layouts can range from 0.5 miles to 1.2 miles, as they change monthly.
Can my group race together?
Absolutely! We run sessions in rotations so your group can run together.
What if my child is younger than age 15 but has prior karting experience?
For drivers under age 15, and meeting the 54" height requirement, a separate session during off-peak hours or private events can be arranged.
How do I book an event?
Call the office at 770-965-9179 or send a message at email@example.com
What if it is raining?
For the safety of our customers and staff, we do not run the karts during lightning storms, heavy rain, sleet, snow, or when there is standing water on the track.
What do I need to bring?
Closed-toe shoes must be worn (no sandals). Weather-appropriate clothing. In cold weather, dress warmly and wear gloves for a comfortable drive. If you have one, you can bring your own helmet.
Can I wear my own helmet?
Yes. It must meet DOT (motorcycle type) or higher safety standards. Full-face enclosed helmets are preferred. Drivers with open-face helmets must wear eye protection, such as goggles or glasses.
Are the karts gas or electric?
Do you have 2-seater karts?
Are the karts like bumper cars?
No. These are actual race karts running at speeds up to 60 mph. Intentional bumping is unsafe and is not tolerated.
Is it free to spectate?
Yes. Spectators are welcome during public karting hours only. Track Rental Events may charge an entry fee.
Can I bring a GoPro?
Yes, as long as it is mounted on a helmet and not the kart.
How do I purchase a gift certificate?
Call the office or come to the ticket building during public karting hours.
Do gift certificates expire?
How many karts can go out at once?
10 karts on the track at once is preferable.
What do I need to wear?
Closed-toe shoes must be worn (no sandals). Weather-appropriate clothing. In cold weather, dress warmly and wear gloves. If you have one, you could bring your own helmet or head sock/balaclava.
Do you accept credit cards or cash only?
We accept both!
Will you remain open if I want to do 2 races 10 minutes before closing time?
Race sales will end at closing time. The last race is 10 minutes prior to closing.
Do we bring our own karts or do you always have your karts available?
We have 30 Dino karts available during public karting hours.
How much to rent the track?
Track rentals are available for full days only. Price varies by peak and off-peak dates.
Do you offer a discount on holidays?
All holiday deals are posted on our social media pages.
Are there group rates?
Yes, when booking a private event.
Do you offer race lessons/classes for minors?
Please call the office or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a personalized quote.